Investing in Port Douglas real estate can be a smart move for investors looking to leverage the bustling property market in Far North Queensland. The natural beauty, relaxing lifestyle, and gorgeous properties of the Douglas Shire makes it an attractive place to invest in, especially with the current market outlook appearing strong for the near future.
At Property Shop Port Douglas & Mossman, we help property investors find their feet in this area, guiding them towards making an informed purchasing decision and providing expert property management and leasing services. Of course, there are always risks involved with property investment, which is why we are going to take you through everything you need to know about investing in Port Douglas real estate.
The Pros and Cons of Property Investment
Property investment can yield a wealth of rewards, but it’s important that prospective investors also realise there are no guarantees. Here are some of the general pros and cons that all property investors should take into consideration, whether they are looking to enter the Port Douglas market or not.
- Investing in property is less volatile than other investment avenues.
- You will receive a steady income of rent from tenants.
- There are multiple tax deductions that investors can apply for to mitigate the cost of maintaining their property.
- If your investment property is returning a loss, then negative gearing can offset the loss as an additional tax deduction.
- Investment properties can deliver long-term returns as their value increases over time.
- There are several costs involved with owning an investment property, well beyond the initial deposit and mortgage. Investors also need to budget for stamp duty, legal costs, land tax, council rates, property management fees, maintenance and repair costs, and more.
- While property investment is one of the most reliable investment pathways, there are still no guarantees on its success.
- Investors are required to pay capital gains tax when they are sold.
When it comes to investing in Port Douglas real estate, property investors will find a market brimming with possibilities. We invite you to take a look at the current houses for rent in Port Douglas to get an idea about the opportunities that await prospective landlords in this region.
The property market in Port Douglas has also been going through a boom in recent years, as more and more people have been moving up to Far North Queensland from the southern states. This makes it the ideal time to purchase a house or unit for sale in Port Douglas, turn it into an investment property, and enjoy returns in both the short and long term.
Investing for the Future
While you can eventually sell your Port Douglas investment property for a healthy price in the future, you will also have access to a beautiful home to retire to when the time comes to settle down.
Port Douglas is a world-renowned coastal town – famous for its close proximity to the striking Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, relaxed lifestyle, and welcoming community. It’s no wonder that more and more Australians are choosing to call this town home.
So, if you are a property investor looking to dive into this market, know that you have the perfect retirement home waiting for you if you wish.
Investing in Port Douglas Real Estate with Property Shop
The experienced team of local real estate experts at Property Shop Port Douglas & Mossman are here to help investors enter into this property market. To make use of our trusted leasing, property management, and sales services, contact us today on 07 4099 5355.